Why do some fields of culture still exist, while others are growing slightly?
Someone collects generous crops each year, and someone only calculates the losses.
Is this only a question of soil and climatic conditions?
Of course, not!
Each agronomy knows that TECHNOLOGY is one of the key factors of efficiency in agriculture.
Technology is constantly updated, developing, and improving.
sharing experience among key market players with years of experience in this area is one of the key factors.
ASTARTA once again shared its experience in crop growing technologies
On February 8 in Kyiv was held a business forum on crop cultivation UKRAINIAN CROPS FORUM 2022.
Within the framework of the business forum Victoria Oliynyk, agrochemist-soil expert, told about measures that allow increasing the efficiency of agricultural engineering of agroindustrial holding “Astarta-Kyiv”.
TOP-5 thesis from our expert:
- Own IT-systems. System for crop monitoring management AgriChain Scout is one of these IT-system. AgriСhain is an internal IT company of Astarta. AgriChain Scout allows monitoring, analysis, and storage of information about the condition of crops and prompt response to calls during the season.
- Agrochemical examination of ground. None system can be effective if it is not based on ground analysis results. Having our ground laboratory, we calculate the optimal norms of fertilizers, and determine the need for melioration, while at the same time preserving the fertility of soils.
- Any agricultural producer should have the advantages that dictate the management conditions. One of ASTARTA’s strategic crops is sugar beet, so we have a defecate (a product from beet processing), which is introduced into the ground for the purpose of melioration. We also actively use organic fertilizers, which are an indispensable component to increase production efficiency.
- Individual approach to each field. On the basis of accumulated crop yield data, soil fertility indicators, relief, climatic conditions, NDVI indices, etc., the specialists of the agricultural department developed a unique scale for the company. This scale describes the potential of each field. This gives an individual approach not only to agrofirm or massive fields, but also to individual fields.
- Production investigations. The conditions of growing crops in Ukraine are very different. Having in the work of 220 thousand ha, it is necessary to clearly understand in which region which technological operation, operating substance, grade/hybrid is the most effective. Without many years of testing, there is a risk of making a mistake in choosing the components of the technology.